Countdown To Moving Day
If you’re looking for an Austin moving company to handle your move then look no further! However if you’re a DIY moving soldier then Sir wants to send you into battle prepared. From the first moment you know you’re moving you need to adhere to the golden rule of moving and that is to plan, plan, plan ahead. It’s a must to break the move down week by week and below is the list of things you need to consider whenever you’re counting down to moving day.
1 Month Before Moving Day
1 month before moving day you need to confirm the moving date and prepare yourself for the next thirty days. In this regard, there is no need for you to get in a panic because it is just one month away. An entire month is plenty of time to move if you’ve planned ahead. It will be the right time to start counting down and springing into action. In the event that you are going through with a DIY move, the first thing you must do is rent a moving truck to ensure you will have one secured for moving day. In addition, another good idea is to hire a landscaping service to get your yard ready as well. In addition to that, call your insurance provider to make sure that you will be covered from the time you move into your new home.
3 Weeks before Moving Day
- It’s been said that packing is one of the most difficult parts of moving. Below are a few strategies that you must consider in order to reduce the stress levels that you will almost undoubtedly feel:
- Obtain all packing materials.
- Simply put, de-clutter. Get rid of anything that you don’t absolutely need. Then, visit every room including any storage places you have in your home. Decide if you will donate, trash or keep.
- Pack and then clean as you visit every room in your house. Packing first and then cleaning will ensure that you’ve boxed up all the important stuff.
- Label all boxes and then prepare a specific inventory list
1 Week before Moving Day
- Your excitement builds because it is one week before your moving day. Now, to make things much easier for you, follow this list:
- Organize a specific date prior to any installation services like cable, internet and phone service.
- Schedule a walk-through of the home and then, draw up a specific floor plan that will account for all heavy furniture that needs to be moved.
- Finalize the arrangement with any additional service companies that you are going to be using during the move like trash removal services.
Finally, moving day is upon you! You feel so excited because it is the moment that you have been waiting for. Make sure to wake up early and feed yourself with a healthy breakfast, you’re going to need it! This will help fuel you up for such a busy day. With your inventory list in your hand, you now need to make sure that all items are loaded into the moving truck in a safe and cautious manner. The next step is to do some final checking to ensure that nothing has fallen through the cracks. Now, you know what it takes to plan for a move, what are you waiting for, GET MOVING!